Communication Tip #73
Do you Skype as part of your career?
Here’s how to visually show professionalism, confidence, and credibility:
- Frame your face so your eyes are in the upper third of the screen. That means very little—if any—“head room.”
- Avoid light backgrounds—white skies, windows, bright lamps, white walls—anything that forces the iris in the camera to close down and consequently makes you look darker and harder to see.
- Sit or stand where light (artificial or natural) shows your face.
- Set up at least a couple of feet away from your background—this is not a mug shot.
- Make sure nothing grows out of your head or ears: you may have to move the plants and lamps behind you.
There. That’s TV News / videography 101.
Contact me to learn more—and to become proficient. I’d love to work with you.